The NCATA offers (2 or 3*) College scholarships (@ $1,500 per) for current athletic training students enrolled at a college or university in North Carolina.
During even years 2 Scholarships are offered and during odd years 3 Scholarships are offered.
Download the application HERE
To be eligible for consideration of an NCATA scholarship, the applicant must:
1. Be a current member of the NCATA, applicant must provide a copy of current NATA membership card
2. Be currently enrolled in a CAATE accredited professional athletic training education program (ATEP) in North Carolina
3. Must have earned a minimum of 2.5 overall GPA, and a 3.0 in ATEP courses
4. Three letters of recommendation from the following sources:
5. An official sealed transcript
6. An unofficial transcript with ATEP classes highlighted
7. An essay that must be typed, 10-point minimum, addressing future plans and goals for achievement.The application and all supporting documentation must be emailed together and received by February 1st, except for the Official Sealed Transcript, which should be postmarked by February 1st. Please provide this email address, NCATAScholarships@gmail.com, to those submitting a Letter of Recommendation. The Subject Line should contain your Full Name.
Checklist of Items to be Submitted
Send completed application and required documentation to: NCATAScholarships@gmail.com
A selection committee comprised by no less than five non-college/university members will be assembled. The members will evaluate each candidate’s application and rank their choices. Consideration should be given to students actively engaged in athletic training, attendance at athletic training camps/clinics/conferences, community service, scholarship and good moral character. The three applicants with the highest rankings will be selected as award winners.
Award winners will be recognized at the annual business meeting in March. Plaques will be presented to the individual as well as their respective school. A check for the award will be presented to the award winner.